bareMinerals SPF 20 Eye Brightener, Well - Rested, Review and Swatch

bareMinerals SPF 20 Eye Brightener, Well-Rested  (2 g / 0.07 oz)
bareMinerals SPF 20 Eye Brightener, Well - Rested, Review and Swatch

Who doesn't want a bright under eye? I mean, it's practically a make it or break it for a perfect makeup look. Bags and dark circles are really not cute, so I'm always on the lookout for a product that will brighten my under eyes. 

Now, I don't have bags (knock on wood), but I do get the dark circles from time to time. Due to the very nature of our faces, our under eyes will almost always appear darker. The hollow of your eye socket creates a shadow affect and thus the tied appearance. Some people have deeper sockets than others, and they will have a darker shadow to contend with. Unlucky for us, dark circle are out, and bright under eyes are in. Damn you nature!

Fear not, there are many products out there to help with the never ending panda look. I recently purchased a product designed specifically to brighten the under eye area - bareMinerals SPF 20 Eye Brightener in Well-Rested. I had  high-hopes for this, as it was recommended by some of my favourite beauty gurus on YouTube - Leighannsays, MakeupByAlli,mamichula8153 . They use it to set their concealer under their eyes and of course, they look flawless. 

I grabbed mine at Sephora for $23.00. Not a bad price for a potential holy grail product.

Now, I wish I could say that it ended up being the product to sure my thirst for a brighter eye. Sadly, it was only meh. I do like it, and I will continue to use it to set my under eye, but I have to be honest and tell you that it wasn't anything to write home about. 

The product comes in a little container just like their foundations do, and has sifter so you won't make a mess. You need to tap a very small amount into the cap and swirl a small fluffy brush into the product. You then tab the product over your under eye concealer. Be sure not to press hard, or your concealer will move. The application process is easy enough, but I think a pressed version of this product would be a great idea, cough, cough...ahem bareMinerals, hint hint.

The powder wears alright and I didn't find their to be any creasing. I would argue that the powder would work best with a concealer that was already in top order. I would recommend it to someone looking for an under eye setting powered. But I don't think it has ended my search.

Let me know what you think!

Have you tried any powders deigned specifically for setting the under eye?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: