Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio, Hi-Lighting Blush, No. 30 Coral, Review and Swatch

Maybelline Master Hi-Light, No. 30 Coral (0.31oz/9g)
Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio, Hi-Lighting Blush, No. 30 Coral, Review and Swatch

Highlighting blush from the drugstore? Yeah! It seems like all the great highlighting products tend to hang out in the high-end section. Well, my frugal readers, now we have a lovely option from Maybelline to give our cheeks a flush of colour and glow. The Master Hi-Light collection from FaceStudio has six colours to choose from, with four being blush shades and two bronzer shades. 


Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio HI-Lighting Blush No. 30 Coral Review and Swatch
I had been walking past these blushes for a couple of weeks debating whether to pick one up. I guess I was hesitant and a little biased from my past poor experiences with drugstore highlighting blushes. After watching Samantha Schuerman review them I was sold on their effectiveness to produce colour and glow. Her favourite was Coral and it looked amazing on her. So, I figured I would give it a shot for myself.

The official spiel: 

Light-boosting blushes and bronzers.
Because those in the know don’t overglow.

Each light-boosting blush and bronzer palette has an expert balance of 4 shades + shimmer for a natural glow.
Skin goes soft-lit with zero glitz.
4 Blush Combinations for natural-looking color and illumination.
2 Bronzer Combinations for a balanced bronze glow.
Fragrance Free. Non-comedogenic. Suitable for all skin types.
Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio HI-Lighting Blush No. 30 Coral Review and Swatch
Maybellines' Suggested Directions:
Brush over all shades in the palette and gently sweep over cheekbones, brow bones, and temples, or anywhere light naturally touches the face.

Expert Tip: Blend all 4 shades together or use each one individually. Use shimmer shades for an increased highlighting effect under brow bones and darker shades below cheekbones for additional contouring and definition.
Gussy's take:
The package is plastic and I love that you can see the colour of the blush through the cover as it makes for finding the perfect blush easy. The bottom flips up to reveal a mirror and a small brush. Not even going to lie to you...I threw it away the moment I saw it. I have no use for it and It would only get annoying to keep it in there.  
The Blush I picked up was No. 30 Coral  and it came in a mosaic pattern with various shades of champagne, peach, burnt orange and coral with a very fine gold shimmer. When swirled together, it creates a glowy orange coral colour. 
Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio HI-Lighting Blush No. 30 Coral Review and Swatch
The powder is very finely milled and soft. There wasn't a lot of fallout when I swirled or tapped my brush, so I was say that it was a creamier consistency. It didn't accentuate my pores, or make me look cakey. Just bright and glowy. I think this colour will look really nice in the summer.

Let me know your thoughts!

Do you wear corals in the winter or do you wear them in the warmer months?

No comments:

Post a Comment