Review and Swatches: Hard Candy All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain

Hard Candy All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain, Chic, Cupcake, Mauveous and Love Bite (3.2 g/0.11 oz)
Hard Candy All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain, Chic, Cupcake, Mauveous and Love Bite
I haven't tried much of Hard Candy's makeup, and I'm not all that sure why. I think I might have tried something years ago and had a bad experience...I do love their nail polishes though. They have a fantastic range of colours and glitters. 



But back to the product at hand. I couldn't resist grabbing a few of these as I love the jumbo lip crayon fade that seems to have taken hold of the beauty department. I mean, what makeup brand hasn't come out with a version of one of these this year? 

Want to see more of what I picked up? Check out my latest haul post.

What I liked about this product when I first saw it was the claim that it was a hydrating, glossy lip stain. Now, what else do you really want in a lip product? 

But did it prove to be all that it claimed?

Yes and no. 

  • Yes, it went on glossy, but it only lasted about an hour. 
  • Yes, it felt hydrogenating on the lips for about four hours, then it went sort of matte. 
  • Yes it did leave a stain behind after the glossiness was long gone that lasted a solid ten hours. But the stain it left behind was a darker colour then the original gloss and all four of the colours I tried left the same colour stain.  
Chic
Coral-nude

Cupcake
Blue-toned baby pink

Mauveuos
Mauve with a touch of red/pink

Love Bite
Blue-tone pink that comes off sort of magenta.

Hard Candy All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain, Chic, Cupcake, Mauveous and Love Bite

All in all, I really do like these lip crayons. For $4.49 at Wal-Mart, you really can't go wrong. They are the most affordable version of jumbo lip crayons on the market and to be honest I'm a big fan of the look and feel of them. 

How do these stand up to Rimmel London Lasting Finish Color Rush Balms? Check back soon for a side-by-side comparison and showdown!


Let me know your thoughts!
What are your favourite jumbo lip crayons?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment